Sought-After Speaker on Retirement and Solo Aging
Baby boomers are struggling with how to approach retirement: where to live, what to do, how to plan for aging. Those aging alone worry about loneliness and isolation but still value their freedom and independence.
Dr. Sara Zeff Geber is a nationally-known expert in the non-financial side of retirement planning. She founded her company, LifeEncoreTM, in 2011 to educate and coach boomers in how to approach retirement in a positive and creative way.
Her book, Essential Retirement Planning for Solo Agers, was released in April, 2018, and has been an Amazon bestseller. It was named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the “2018 best books on aging well.”
Dr. Geber is available to deliver live presentations and workshops anywhere in the world OR through webinars and meetings on platforms like Zoom, GoToMeeting and Google Hangouts.
Dr. Geber in the Media
Also in 2018, Sara was named an “Influencer in Aging” by PBS’ NextAvenue.com. She is a regular contributor to Forbes.com on the topics of retirement and aging, and has been featured and quoted in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, USA Today, the Huntington Post and many more.
In 2020, Sara was selected to be an advisor to Nexus Insights, a “think tank” and incubator for new concepts in senior living and the future of aging.
Acclaimed Speaker with Expertise in…
- Why and how Solo Agers should plan their future –– legal, financial, and personal
- The importance of building community and a strong social network
- Arguments for and against “aging in place”
- Care planning for Solo Agers
- Designing and marketing senior housing communities that appeal to Solo Agers
Sara is the unrivaled thought leader in Solo Aging. She coined the terms “Solo Ager” and “Solo Aging” and with her book, her media appearances, her workshops and her talks, those phrases have become the industry standard.
Sara shares her knowledge and wisdom about successful Solo Aging in an engaging and light-hearted fashion with all her audiences. Don’t miss Dr. Sara Zeff Geber’s 2018 bestselling book, Essential Retirement Planning for Solo Agers. Available at Amazon.com
Sara’s Recent Engagements
- Featured Speaker – Marketing Event: Lake Park Retirement Community, Oakland, CA
- Featured Speaker – Marketing Event (virtual): Luther Manor LifePlan Community
- Featured Speaker – Marketing Event (virtual): Roland Park Place LifePlan Community
- Featured Speaker – Norcal conference for Financial Planners
- Featured Speaker – Estate Planning Symposium
- Keynote Speaker – “E3 for Women” Conference, Pensacola, FL
- Featured Speaker – CALA (California Assisted Living Association), Palm Springs, CA
- Featured Speaker – “Aging & Society” Conference, Berkeley, CA
- Featured Speaker – “Aging in America” Conference, American Society on Aging, New Orleans, LA
- Featured Speaker – Marketing Event: St. Paul’s Tower Continuing Care Community, Oakland, CA
Sara’s Presentations and Workshops: What People Say
“Dr. Geber’s talk was entertaining and engaged our clients in an active discussion about what their next phase, beyond having to work for a living, would look like. I would highly recommend Dr. Geber to anyone who needs a speaker”
—Joanne D., Partner in a Financial Planning firm
“Great Ideas for identifying and caring for Solo Agers in our communities”
“Empowering, informative, friendly!”
“Great energy; engaged with the audience”
“Dr. Geber showed a passion for her work/life!”
Most-Requested Speaking Topics
- “Working with Solo Agers as Clients, Patients and Residents”
- “Essential Retirement Planning for Solo Agers.”
- “Live Smart After 50 – Planning for a Life with Meaning, Purpose and Fun”
- “The Eight Keys to a Successful Retirement”
Why Choose Sara
for Your Group?
Her content & knowledge – based on years of research and interviews
Her approach – practical, down-to-earth, friendly and fun. Sara is engaging, involving her audience in the process of discovery,
inviting listeners to share their stories
Her impact – Sara motivates her audiences to be pro-active and get moving with their planning